Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Rain, rain, go away

Our first week in Shanghai was cold but sunny everyday. Since then, I can count the number of sunny days we have had on one hand. I asked our Mandarin instructor if it always rains this much in Shanghai. Her answer was that yes is does, as Shanghai is a rainy place. Boo. This much rain wasn't something I had bargained for.

Imagine my surprise when I cracked open Shanghai Daily this week to see an article with the headline "Longest Stretch of Grey Days in 32 Years". Another article boasted that the 20 solid days of rain we just had was "smashing a 136-year record for the longest continuous downpour". Apparently this much rain IS NOT normal. 

At least I had an excuse to rock my rain boots.

2 comments:

  1. Cute boots! Did you get them there?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope, I actually got them freshmen year of college. They have seen lots of miles but I still love them =)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...